Saturday, March 14, 2015

Yoga with Zeynep



I breathe in.

I breathe out.

She approaches me, shyly at first, and says she wants to 'do yoga too'.

I smile at her, show her a place by me, and continue my practice.

I see her looking at me while I rest the sole of my foot on my calf, trying to find a focal point on the wall. She immediately lights up and shouts: "Tree pose!" I smile at her.

Face concentrated, arms held up, she is the very picture of determination. This little body that was, a few years ago, that of a baby's. Now she is a miniature human, standing by me, balancing by me, breathing by me.

Gratitude fills my heart like a flood. We move side by side, without saying anything for a while.

I finish the practice, coming to a rest on my back. I throw my arms to the sides, my legs stretched out, Savasana. "The corpse pose". Yet in this pose I feel more alive than I've ever been.

Z comes closer and lays on top of me, her back to my chest. A little mirror image. A little miracle.

This tiny human, who sprouted from my belly, went out into the world and became a unique, amazing human being. Her little body lies on top of mine, and with each deep breath that I take, she rises and descends.

I breathe in.

I breathe out.

Love floods my heart, I can almost see it like a golden light enveloping us. A limitless, endless, boundless love, unlike anything I have felt before.

I lie in my final resting pose. I breathe, marvel at this tiny human on top of me, and I say thanks.

Thank you, life.

Thank you, light.

Thank you, love.

Namaste.



No comments:

Post a Comment