Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cansever in English





Gravitational carnation

Do you know that you live in me, bit by bit
Whereas I could be tipsy with you
For instance, we're drinking rakı, and it's as if a carnation falls inside us 
A tree is working, ticking right by us 
Not much is left of my stomach, my mind

You have a tendency towards that carnation, and here, I take it and give it to you,
You give it to somebody else, even better
And that somebody else, gives it to the one beside her
And so, the carnation goes, from hand to hand.

Do you see how me and you are fostering a love
I'm touching you, I'm warming to you, and this it is not
Look at how we unite, we merge silently,
As if seven colors transformed into white.



Edip Cansever / Translation: Esra Taşdelen







Yerçekimli Karanfil 
 
Biliyor musun az az yaşıyorsun içimde  
Oysaki seninle güzel olmak var  
Örneğin rakı içiyoruz, içimize bir karanfil düşüyor gibi  
Bir ağaç işliyor tıkır tıkır yanımızda  
Midemdi aklımdı şu kadarcık kalıyor.  

Sen o karanfile eğilimlisin, alıp sana veriyorum işte  
Sen de bir başkasına  veriyorsun daha güzel  
O başkası yok mu bir yanındakine veriyor  
Derken karanfil elden ele.  

Görüyorsun ya bir sevdayı büyütüyoruz seninle  
Sana değiniyorum, sana ısınıyorum, bu o değil  
Bak nasıl, beyaza keser gibisine yedi renk  
Birleşiyoruz sessizce.  
 

Edip Cansever 



No comments:

Post a Comment